Coriander and Pistachio Pesto

In the kitchen there is only one golden rule, and that is, the food should be tasty. And then you can  bend the rules as you please with the intention that the end result should be yummy, tasty and mind bogglingly delicious.



I love Pesto. It has a very unique earthy smell from the Basil leaves infused with the very familiar smell of garlic and then it has the smoothness from the Parmesan Cheese. Traditionally Pesto uses Basil only with toasted pine nuts but you can tweak a little here and there.


First time I used toasted walnuts in the place of pine nuts. But this time I changed a bit more. This time when I was making the Pesto sauce I used a little coriander leaves with pistachio. I did not use much coriander to the Pesto because that could have dominated the flavours of Basils. And if you have read my earlier posts you will have a faint idea that I love to use pistachios in everything. I love their green nuts, their sweet nutty smell and their taste. There is absolutely nothing comparable to them. I love love love love my box of pistachios. And I love breaking their shells too. They come as cute green babies just into my palms..:)


Watched Legally Blonde after a long time. Laughed a lot. And during the whole time my cat was sleeping just beside me. Simple dozing with 2 hands dripping from a side of the sofa and he was sound asleep. And every time I saw Reese Witherspoon with her dog I glanced upon my cat. It was sooo satisfying to see him sleeping in so peace. I wish humans could sleep like them too.

So, lets make Coriander and Pistachio Pesto

Coriander and Pistachio Pesto
Makes about 1 cup of the sauce


Ingredients:
  • 4 bunch of Basil leaves
  • 1 bunch of coriander leaves
  • 2 tbsp. of Parmesan leaves
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic
  • 2 green chilies
  • a handful of pistachios
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • salt - as preferred
Method:
  • Make not so smooth paste of the basil leaves.
  • Now put the garlics, Parmesan cheese and pistachios and grind again.
  • When they have broken into pieces start pouring the olive oil slowly.
  • Continue this process until you have a smooth mixture.
  • When done mix the salt.

     

Comments

Popular Posts