Pesto Sauce


 Its only 11:30 and its already night in our house. Generally I don't sleep until its half past one or two. But today is exceptional. Hubby caught Malaria and slept all the day through. From tomorrow the saline will start. We have to go to the hospital in the first hour in the morning so he went to sleep a little while again..I have to sleep too....but I am not feeling sleepy at all!!!


All these are so new yet so strange for me. Living under the shed of the family keeps you out of the tension and the worries all the time. In my home Ma was someone who did everything for us and we didn't bother to think about them either..but still everything used to be in their place at the perfect moment at the perfect time and in their perfect shape. Where I am just struggling to keep everything in the balance and in the place for the house of two...I just wonder how much pressure my mother went through to keep everything in place without letting anyone be weary about anything!! Now that I think about all the time I passed in my home with my room locked with the music going high and reading books...it was my mother who struggled outside to prepare everything so that I can get them at my need.


Love is not everything..and it can not just overlook the need of the simple word responsibility. And it takes a whole lot of understanding to pass days with another person..be it family member, husband or friend.
So..since Subrata is sick I need to prepare less spicy food and for that reason I prepared the Pesto sauce. He likes pastas and soups. And spaghetti with pesto tastes simply yummm!! Besides the garlic smell will give the sicky tongue a little change.






Pesto Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh Basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 7-8 garlic cloves
  • 2-3 green chilies
  • 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts/walnuts (This time I used wal nuts for a change, pine nuts make the classic Italian Pesto )
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Method:
  • In your food processor add everything except the olive oil and pulse a few times. When it has become a mashed like add the olive oil and pulse again.
  • Taste and adjust seasoning.
  • Pulse until it has become a creamy paste.
  • Store in a clean sterilized jar.
  • Lather the upper level of the sauce with olive oil.
  • Store in a cool place.
  • Serve it with pasta or as a dipping sauce or roast with chicken.:)

Comments

Popular Posts