French Toast : Quick Breakfast


French toast is a very frequent dish in Indian household. I don't know whether its really of French origin or not..but I love to eat it. I usually followed the way my mother used to make but recently I found a new way to make it. Besides its a really quick way to make the breakfast when you are out of time but still want to taste something good.

Dish Reminder:

  • I have used honey for the topping but you can use golden syrup/maple syrup/mermalade. We need a little sweetness...flavor is all up to you.
French Toast
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 large eggs
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 4 pieces of bread
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tsp cinnamon powder
Method:
  • Break the eggs in a flat bowl and whisk it with salt and pepper and 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
  • Dip a piece of bread in it and poke it with fork on it. I do that because this allows the bread to dip in the egg better, because if you keep the bread there a little long it will eventually be a mash.
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Toast the breads there until the two sides are crisp and golden brown.
  • Follow this method with the other pieces.
  • Put them in a plate.
  • Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on it.
  • Drizzle some homey over them just before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts