Radish Soup for the evening



 When in doubt I make soups!! They are the easiest to make. Boiling and seasoning. Those are what is the most important here. I know how to boil so what I need is the seasoning!! And it helps to eat a lot of veggies too!! Personally I don't like to eat vegetables at all. I never liked them as a child and I equally hate them even when I am adult. But I know that they are necessary in the diet so I always use a tasty way to eat them. Generally I give all the vegetables into the daal. Be it the lentils,the moog or the uraad daal. Another way of eating them is with soup. I always make soups with chicken stock because that gives the soup a good aroma and taste. Adding chicken depends on the preference.
This week I bought radishes. With some I made the famous Radish Kimchi, thoroughly following Mangchi and then I kept the rest of the radishes aside. When I was wondering that whether they are going to be rotten in the fridge or not I ran out of ideas of making evening snack. So Radish soup it was. I did not add any other veggies because it had to be light. I hate eating heavy dishes in the evening. And as usual I used chicken stock with a little chicken strips. It turned out to be simple and good. You can make it spicy by adding more of the seasonings but I like my soups to be mild and less spicy. I prefer them to be an appetizer rather than being the main dish itself.




Radish Chicken Noodle Soup (serves 2)

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium sized radish
  • 1/2 of a medium sized onion
  • 3 medium sized boneless chicken pieces
  • 3 strings of spring onion
  • 4-5 peppercorns
  • 1tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 cup noodles
  • 1tbsp olive oil (you can any oil of your preference)
  • salt
  • water
Method:
  • Thinly slice the onion and chop the spring onion.
  • Add with the chicken pieces and boil with water. Put the olive oil, salt and the crushes peppercorns. Water should be 2-3 inches above the chicken pieces. Boil until the chicken gets tender. I prefer to use this with a pressure cooker but you can do it the way you want.
  • When the chicken pieces are soft and loose and tender, get them out in a bowl. Let it cool and tear them into thin strips.
  • Chop the radish into think and small pieces. Add them to the chicken stock and start boiling. Add salt as necessary and fish sauce.
  • When the radishes are half cooked put the chicken strips and the chopped spring onion.
  • When the radishes are full cooked put the noodles and cook until the noodles are soft.
  • Your radish soup is ready.
  • In a grinder ground the Cayenne pepper and mix with sesame oil.
  • Serve the soup in a soup bowl with the Cayenne pepper mixture on top of it.
Serve hot and enjoy!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts