Dim Posto

I have started vaccinating my cats, and carrying them to the doctors is really an issue. I do not have those cages for carrying pets, and at the end me and my husband are left with lots of bruises on my hands and neck. I think those injections also has something sleepy in them, because all my cats sleep for almost half the day after returning home.

How to cook bengali dim posto

After having a real hectic week, we have decided to go to Bassam again. Mmmmm.....I am soooo happy!!!

how to cook bengali egg curry with poppy seeds

Bengali authentic dim posto recipe

When I was a kid I never thought that Bengali cuisine has so much different delicacy. Never thought that it has so much wonders inside it. We ate we devoured we relished....but never thought about our mothers' who made all those. Never praised them that much, as we could have praised. Never thanked them. Always took them granted. And in return they never wanted anything. I never saw my mother ill. I used to think that she never feels ill. Never saw her resting...she is my wonder woman. My strength, my everything. Thank you Maa for being there for me in every ups and downs, and in every turn of my life.

dim posto recipe

how to cook dim posto

Today one of my sister in law gave birth to a beautiful girl. I wish her all the happiness ahead and a good lot of strength...because being a mother is not easy. You have to give everything without expecting a penny.

how to cook bengali dim posto

 As for today's recipe, it is Dim Posto ~ Eggs with Poppy seeds. I never imagined that it can be such a great combo!! I think the poppy seeds insect has bit me as well...because I am just loving this poppy affair.

Bengali dim posto recipe

Dim Posto
Serves 3

Bengali egg curry with poppy seeds recipe

Ingredients:

  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 medium onion 
  • 2, 1 inch stick of ginger
  • 2 green chilies
  • a handful of fresh coriander leaves
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
  • 3 green cardamoms
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 medium cinnamon stick
  • 1 tbsp mustard oil
  • 2-3 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1-2 tsp red chili powder
  • salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
Method:
  • Hard boil the eggs and let them cool down to the room temperature. Once cooled peel the skin and with a sharp knife slit the kin 3-4 times,  giving some gaps.
  • Lather it with some salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
  • Take the poppy seeds and make a fine smooth paste of it using a little water and mustard oil. If you want you can soak the poppy seeds prior to grinding, but I don't do that and it had not made any problems till now.
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai. Let it heat up for 2-3 minutes, so that when you fry the eggs they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. When you can feel the smoke coming from the oil, put the eggs one by one slowly into the oil. Shallow fry the eggs until they become golden. Do not fry for long or else they will become brown or also can burn.
  • Once they are done, take them out of the kadai and keep aside.
  • Take the onions, ginger and green chilies, and make a fine paste with some water in a blender.
  • Heat up the left out oil in the kadai and add in the cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom pods. Sauté for some seconds.
  • Once the oil become fragrant, add in the prepared onion paste. Add some salt and a sprinkle of sugar and let it cook. Stir occasionally and cook until the onion paste turns golden and all the moisture is evaporated.
  • Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix properly. Add in the prepared poppy seed paste too.
  • Mix again and cook until the raw flavor of the poppy seeds are gone. If the mixture seems dry, add in little water occasionally.
  • Once done, add in water according to your preferred amount of gravy.
  • Give a good stir to incorporate everything and put in the fried eggs. Put cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
  • Finally add the chopped fresh coriander leaves and put off the flame.

Comments

Popular Posts