Tomato Garlic Confit

 I had to try the recent viral TikTok sensation garlic confit, and since I had some cherry tomatoes also in the fridge, I made tomato-garlic confit. With the addition of some rosemary and black peppercorns to this this confit turned out simply robust in flavour and taste, which I generously use on focaccia and pasta and toasts. The recipe is quite simple and straightforward and I hate to make up stories these days before sharing a recipe, because seriously you have come here for the recipe, and I will not bore you with my mindless talks, which simply does not sit here and now a days they are far more suitable for my journals which I keep in my tab. May be someday I will be brave enough to share them in a parallel blog where I will chitchat about my personal life, quite relaxed, because these days my blog just does not get even more than a hundred visitors. But that sad story, seriously is not for today.

easy tomato garlic tomato confit recipe

Easy garlic confit recipe

Tomato Garlic Confit

Ingredients:
250ml of extra virgin olive oil
100gm of cherry tomatoes - cut into halves
A few sprigs of rosemary
2 heads of garlic - peeled
Sea salt to season
A few black peppercorns

Method:
In an oven proof dish, add the halved tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and black peppercorns.
Submerge them with olive oil.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 250F for about 2 hours, or until the garlic is golden and the tomatoes are all dry and crisp, and your kitchen should be by then smelling heavenly of garlic and tomatoes.
Take them out of the oven and let the cool down to the room temperature.
Transfer them to a sterilised clean glass jar and it can be stored in the fridge for 2 months, but I am sure you will finish it before that.

Comments

Popular Posts