Tuna Sandwich

Rain comes viciously at the night after a few days of heat atrocities. Some nights I forget to close the kitchen window and the next day I wake up to a completely flooded kitchen. May be the break I took from this blog was not what I intended but it definitely did something good. I went to India for 2 months and watched my mother and aunt cook meals...got to learn a lot. Although Ishaan gave me little time to sit idle...but every minute counted. I also bought a stone grinder "sheel nora" but it weighed 4 kgs and couldn't bring it with me to Abidjan as all our luggage was fully occupied with necessary goods. For a change I liked cooking and not bothering about taking pictures. I tried new recipes, some were good and some were okayish..but cooking only for the sake of cooking gave me an overwhelming peace of mind. I did not share pictures on insta or facebook....at first I felt bad, but not now. I think we rely on social media so much that we are loosing the moments to enjoy the purity in it.


I made Mac and Cheese for the first time last week. I used orange cheddar, guda, gruyer,  a mixture of parmiggiano and pecorino romano and a good amount of fresh mozzarella. It turned out saucy, cheesy and perfectly gooyee with a melt in the mouth pastas but yhe taste was soooo bland that I couldn't help but add a good dash of my red chilli paste and a generous amount of black pepper, and there I had it, my kind of spicy and hot Mac and Cheese. Next time I am.going to try it with some king prawns and take my chances of gaining another extra kilo. Yeah...I am sure I will take my chances. But for other days I have my tuna sandwich.



Canned tuna and sardines have always been my favourites. I prefer the sardines for the curry and tuna makes excellent salad and sandwiches. Fresh and meaty...I will describe the tuna sandwich as that.

Tuna Sandwich
Serves 2


Ingredients:
1 can of tuna
1 small onion - chopped
1 small cucumber - chopped
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt & pepper
Some lettuce leaves
Some.rocket leaves
4 slices of thick white breads

Method:
In a bowl throw in the drained canned tuna and shred with a fork.
Add in the onions, cucumbers, mayonnaise and salt & pepper.
Mix them well.
Toast the bread slices.
Spread one lettuce leaf on top of a bread slice.
Spread half of the tuna mix on top of the lettuce.
Top the mix with some rocket leaves.
Season with some salt and pepper.
Place another toasted bread slice on top of the leaves.
Cut the sandwich into halves.
Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts