Currently Redaing - The Promise by Nikita Singh



I read a lot of books and they are mainly fictions. But when it comes to the new Indian writers writing English books and novels I generally give it a pass...but I regret it so much now!! I picked up this book THE PROMISE as I needed to feel my cart for the free shipping amount and after it came home I was lying at one side of the rack where I first kept it. Then one day in another passing moment I picket it up and started reading. And once started reading it was hard to put that down.


The story is of Samvabi and Arjun. They meet, fall in love split up and then get reunited again. I am not going to tell the small details behind that because to know them you need to read them.  The turns and twists in the stories are quite predictable but with the flow that the story is written it seems a joy ride!!! I never stumbled upon the entire book feeling bored. It has something that hooked me up till I finished the book.


The book and the character Samvabi is heavily inspired by FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. Some of the dialogues and expressions and situations have their own resembles. But as much I hated the previous one...the so called 'nyakami' of Samvabi left me giggled with laugh!! And god...I loved her innocence in that!!

The only time that I skipped some pages were the time when Samvabi was recovering. While the falling in love phase is so delicately and beautifully portrayed the the story afterwards is bit loosely woven until they breakup based on some misunderstandings. But otherwise its as fresh as a bread just out of the oven and I am more than glad that I read it. The freshness and the madness of falling in love and controlling the uncontrollable emotion are everywhere around the book. As good as I felt while reading this part, their separation and suffering had equal effect on me.


All in all, although the story is not much different The Promise makes a promise to you that it will not let you forget itself with its dewy fresh charm and the brimming young writer's thoughtful mind in it. I am planning to buy Nikita Singh's If its not forever its not love now. Hope that will be as much enjoyable as this was!!


Comments

  1. initially it was little boring but anyway after completing 50 pages i got interest towards it and i read it.it was one of best book of nikitha singh .here she revealed her dedication towards her work.she has given a best book.that i was completed went into the book and in final parts i was filled with tears but she had a good ending so everybody can read this once and have all sort of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you...nd thanks for stopping by my blog....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts