Kima Matar


how to cook keema matar

Its only the scarcity of something that makes you versatile. If you are totally desperate then you will try everything to make that empty place fill in again. And yes..I am going through that phase right now.You may have heard it a lot of time from me but I am telling you again...I don't not get different veggies here. Although potato is a staple ingredient in our meals but I tend to avoid that whenever I can. So I have to do away with different meats to fill in my stomach. We don't get mutton here so easily but what I get is more delicious than mutton. We get lambs.



how to cook keema matar


 And more than the meat I love the minced lamb more. It can be used as a filling of momo. You can make Irish meat pie with it. You ca use this infused with some spices to make the filling of a roll. It can go easily with burger and lots more. But I did...what I do best. I went for something Indian. I made Kima Matar.
I was basically thinking about making Aloo Matar but then I remembered that I have minced lambs in my refrigerator. So add kima in place of aloo and your delicious Kima Matar is ready in no time. Its super fast and easy and it has a tangy taste in it..which is just yummyyy!!!

Kima Matar

how to cook keema matar

Ingredients:

  • 500gm minced lambs (you can use mutton of course )
  • 1 medium onion - coarsely chopped
  • 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
  • 2 green chilies - chopped
  • 1 bunch of coriander leaves - chopped
  • 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 1 cup - Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • salt
  • little pepper
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 cup green peas
  • 1 cup water - I used room temperature

Method:

  • Heat oil in the pan.
  • Put the cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
  • Put the chopped onions and fry until its golden brown.
  • Put the ginger-garlic paste in between frying.
  • Put the chopped tomatoes.
  • Put the peas. If you are using boiled peas then add it after the meat. Sine I used frozen peas I used it before to cook it thoroughly.
  • Stir and cook until the tomatoes are soft and partially mashed.
  • Put the salt and other spices.
  • Mix the spices evenly with the mixture.
  • Put the minced meat and stir vigorously so that the meat become very small pieces rather than creating big lumps of it.
  • Put water and curd.
  • Stir to coat the mixture evenly with yogurt.
  • Taste and season accordingly.
  • Simmer for 10 more minutes.
  • Add chopped coriander and mix evenly.
  • Put off the flame and serve with hot chapaties or naan.

Comments

Popular Posts