Prawn And Corn patties

What is your idea about the right age of your child's to start school????
As soon as Ishaan crossed his one year benchmark, many well-wishers were hovering around us, enquiring that when were we starting school for Ishaan! We already had an idea that we both did not want to send our soon so early to the school. As he started growing older, we saw all our friends with kids similar to the age of Ishaan, starting school at the prompt age of 2. I saw one of our sister-in-law teaching her 1 and half year old son alphabets, kid's rhymes and numbers. I panicked at first. May be we are taking a wrong decision. But whenever I looked at Ishaan and imagined him sitting in a group obeying teacher's instructions I panicked more. After reading a lot many articles, listening to TED-EX talks and discussing with my husband, we came to the conclusion that we want our child to be happy, and it is okay to start reading a few years late. I came to know, in Sweden kids go to the school way after turning 5. I will not say it was an instant decision, and somedays when I become super tired from all the works and chores, it seems a little timeout while he will be in school can be a life saver. But that thought goes away as quickly as it comes. 

how to make corn and prawn fritters

Now Ishaan has no schedule. But he wakes up at 7, on his own. I teach him to do his own chores, like putting the dishes in the sink, closing the water bottle when he is finished and then placing it in it's own place, he plays with the sand, soap. I don't teach him anything. Like anything that will give the impression that I am teaching him. But I familiar him with the fruits and vegetables when I orgnize our weekly grocery shopping. He helps in filling water bottles. He cleans his own mess of cars and toys at the end of the day or before going to bed. And...it was a challenge for me, but I have stopped screaming at him. I know it is no excuse but sometimes we all loose our sh*t. And it happened to me many times. But I don't do that now. I am always on attention that I have to speak in a lower voice and even if I am angry, I can not just burst out in front of him. Although sometimes it happens, I have made a conscious effort not make it a daily thing. 

how to make corn and prawn patties

And that is the thing with kids. Even if you change your habits you can not see the change in them unless you are truly making an effort. So after like 4-5 months of not screaming and not pushing him to learn things, I started to see change in his behaviour. Less tantrums and more kindness and good behaviour.
So that is how I am keeping things with my baby. How is your approach?? How are you holding up with the tantrums?? Do share in comments.
For now, here is the recipe of corn and prawn patties I made a while back.

Corn and Prawn Patties
Serves 6

Ingredients:
250gm of canned corn
250gm of prawns
4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
Salt & pepper
A handful of coriander leaves
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 egg
2 tsp chopped onion
2-3 green chillies chopped


simple corn patties recipe


Method:
In a blender blend the corn into coarse paste.
Cut the prawns into small tiny chunks.
Break the egg in a cup and whisk well.
In a big bowl mix in all the ingredients.
Add in some more flour if the mixture is runny. It needs to be a little thick to hold it's shape.
Immediately, either deep fry or fry in a frying pan, on low to medium heat, with little oil.
Flip them over when the patty starts to look firm on the upside. Drizzle more oil around the patties if needed.
Serve with a garlic-chilli mayo.
Enjoy warm.

Comments

Popular Posts