Chewy Brownies

By now there are thousands of Brownie recipes in the internet, but since the blog is my food journal, I have to keep an entry of it.
First of all, let me clarify that I like my brownies, beautifully fudgy and moist and a little chewy. Cakey brownies are not my thing. They taste almost like chocolate cakes with a little extra helping of melted chocolate in them. So here it is. My proven and tested recipe, which I clung to during my isolation days of pandemic and my sanity survived on them and them only.

easy brownie recipe

fudgy chewy brownie recipe

Chewy Brownie

Ingredients:
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Method:
Slowly melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sugar to them in small batches.
Mix until everything is melted and nicely incorporated.
Add the eggs one by one, whisking and mixing one completely before adding the next.
Mix in the vanilla extract.
Sift the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and all purpose flour in small batches, and mix them with a spatula. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter in a greased and lined 8x8 baking pan, and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean.
Let them come to room temperature before cutting.

Comments

Popular Posts