Egg Sandwich

Mornings are special. That is what we have heard so far. It prepares you for the day. But what if you wake up with a bad headache??? And don't want to work?? Well sometimes, I am sure you can call in sick but for a housewife that is an unaffordable solution. Well yes...I can order the food and decide to not do the chores. But there are some works which are there sticking in your life like a boulder, and you have to go through them. Like packing the lunch box or feeding and bathing your child and putting him to sleep and listening to his tantrums and lying still when he jumps on you. Trust me, on an any ordinary day I just love these. But sometimes I just want to curl into a corner of the bed and spend the rest of the day in silence. But that does not happen now. I wonder sometimes if that can be the cause of my depression and insomnia. 
There was a time when I liked to make elaborate breakfasts, and traditional Indian recipes were more frequent in my house. As times become scarce for those elaborate meals, I have started to stick to fruits and yogurts and eggs and sometimes toast as the first meal of the day. Overnight oats are my favourite and yogurts with fruits and nuts and crunchy granola is just another favourite. But if I have some time I toast my sourdough bread in my toaster and soft boil an egg. With mayonnaise and some onions, they are as fabulous as they sound.
Here I have to make a confession. I hated the idea of meal-prep. Cooking 5 days of food and freezing them was never my idea of a good lunch or dinner. But then I realised the amount of time and energy it saves. Now I cook dinner and lunch for five days and nights and I don't have to put my son in front of the ph in order to finish my cooking. In addition to that I have coaxed my husband into eating salads in lunch and dinner as well. So yeah, I am trying to get my food situation kinda sorted. 

Simple egg sandwich recipe

How tomake egg sandwich

Egg Sandwich
For 1

How to make easy and tasy egg sandwich

  Ingredients:
2 slices of sourdough bread
2 soft boiled / 6 minute eggs
A little finely chopped onion
1 green chilli chopped
A little chopped coriander leaves
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp mayonnaise

Method:
Toast the bread slices to your liking.
Let them cool down a bit.
Slather them with mayonnaise.
Slice the eggs and put them on the toasted bread slices.
Sprinkle the onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts