Beaten Coffee ~ and some updates

Coffee anyone???
Life changed a lot in many ways after having Ishaan. And one if of them was the inability to make time for the blog. Even though I took a lot of pictures and gathered many experiences worth sharing, I just did not have the time. And unfortunately when time became available, my laptop gave up. But a new laptop just came as a reminder that how much I like to blog. How much I just like to write. 
May be from now on...the blog might not be recipe heavy like it was, but it will be more. More about my books and the life I am having, the roller-coaster I am riding right now. 


As for some crucial me information, I have been suffering with insomnia lately. So even though I know coffee should be avoided, I dunk myself in heavy douses of espresso to get rid of the exhausted state of art I am currently sporting every day. I have done my fair share of dealing with it and currently I have decided not stress about it. because seriously, crying in the middle of the night because you can't sleep will result in a very concerning husband and sometimes a scared little toddler. Either of them is not an option do deal with when you are desperate to sleep but unfortunately are unable to sleep. So now, in the middle of the night I creep into the kitchen and finish the cooking, or Strat folding clothes or a deep cleanse of the closet sometimes help as well. And I am really sleepy in the early morning time, I sleep and wake up in just 4 hours with double the exhaustion. So yes..espresso is best friend then. Sugar free, black coffee is more of the kind I like, but this sugary stuff is an indulgence I let myself dig in sometime as well. 


 As a mother I have started getting immense joy in shopping for toys and clothes for my little baby. And seriously, I don't think I will ever think that there is no need for more. As a perfect anecdote, my baby is super uninterested whenever I take him to the malls. One car and he is happy to go home. Those stacked toys don't call him like a maniac. So I try to be the child here and my husband joins sometimes as well. So yes...I am learning, I am coping and I am still adjusting. These will never end I guess. 
How are you guys doing??
How do you cope with your insomnia (considering if any one of you suffer from it also).

Beaten Coffee
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Sugar 2-3 tbsp

Method:
Pour the milk in a saucepan and start boiling on a medium flame.
In a cup take the instant coffee and the sugar and some drops of water. (yes, drops of water)
Start mixing them vigorously until you have a foamy creamy thing. It will be scoopable and very thick. It will have a whipped cream like consistency. You have to whisk it for 2 minutes at least to get this consistency.
As soon as the milk starts boiling switch off the flame.
Pour the hot milk into the beaten coffee and stir carefully to mix.
Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts