So far..

Yesterday Ishaan slept in the afternoon. Unlike other toddlers he has outgrown this habit and stays awake almost all day. This has one advantage though, which is, he becomes so tired by the end of the day that he is fast asleep by 8:30 p.m. So often without any alone time, I wondered what it would have been like if I had a day just on my own. What I found out yesterday was not very pleasing for me. With Ishaan asleep for about two and half hours in the evening, I just roamed around the house and watched some Netflix drama that I kept on hold for a long time. At the end, I actually got bored of myself and slept beside him. May be if I had known about this, I would have planned something fruitful, but I realised to do something for myself or to enjoy a cup of coffee, I do not need a me time, I just have to find that time, make time for it. I have heard it so many times, but it was the first time I realised the truth in it.



I have mild anxiety and depression, and often because of them, I loose all the happiness that comes naturally to everyone. At those moments, even trying to find little comfort during the time I am awake seems difficult. And trying to sleep is another matter to ponder altogether. But after months of insomnia and terrible fatigue, I am finally managing the 8 hour sleep everyday. And I can't deny that it has helped a lot in staying sane.

I am reading the hunger games series. The movie franchise is one of my favourite, but now that I am reading the books, the story makes much more sense. Like a true bookworm, I often find movie adaptations terrible. But with this series, they complement each other. The book gives us the background stories, the explanations of many lingos that when heard in the movie seemed alien, and the movie gives us the face and the extent of capitol's brutality on the districts. The movie also gives us the Panem anthem. So over all, I like them both and this time, the movie adaptation was just spot on. 

Comments

Popular Posts