Oreo Ice Cream

Ice creams used to be my second best friend..and you could always find 3-4 tubs of ice creams in our freezer. But not anymore. I will not say I am much more of a health conscious these days but I choose wisely. And sadly, ice creams are not first benchers in my list of food items. I much prefer having a scoop while shopping or in a cafe...but leisurely indulging in scoops of ice creams are days of the past. The photo is a little old, as I took it almost 2 years ago but never had the chance to write the post on it.
The ice cream is cookies and cream, which is a always a hit and I always replace cookies with the Oreos. And who doesn't love Oreos with a little bit of cream. 

cookies and cream homemade ice cream recipe

Oreo Ice Cream

Ingredients:
2 cups of heavy whipping cream (35% butter content)
1/4 cup of sweet condensed milk
10-12 oreo cookies
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Whisk the heavy cream with an electric or a handheld wired whisk until it doubles in volume.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
Pour in a container and cover it with a plastic film so that ice crystals does not form.
Take the Oreo cookies in a zip log bag and close it.
With a rolling pin crush the Oreos in small bite size pieces.
After about 4-5 hours, take out the container and fold in the crushed cookies.
Freeze for another 6-8 hours or overnight.

Comments

Popular Posts