Garlic Prawn Creamy Pasta

Creamy pastas are my current love. It is in no way authentic Italian...but it's easy, quick and is exactly the way I like it. I avoid eating rice during the day because it makes me sleepy after lunch...and when salad is something I am not craving pastas come to the rescue. And if I limit the portion of pasta the carb intake stays within the limit. I always feel that eating healthy does not mean eating tasteless food. I believe in good food which satisfies the mind as well as the body, so I eat whatever I feel like in moderation and that keeps my PCOD in control as well.



Garlic and Prawns Creamy Pasta
Serves 1


Ingredients:
Spaghetti of 1 serving
6 large prawns - devained 
2 cloves of garlic - finely minced
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Salt & pepper
1 to red chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp grated parmiggiano

Method:
In a saucepan start boiling enough water to cook the pasta.
As soon as the water comes to a boil add salt and spaghetti to cook.
Cook the pasta according to the package instruction. When there is 3-4 minutes left to cook the pasta completely start making the sauce.
In a frying pan add the butter and olive oil and wait for the butter to melt.
Add the minced garlic, prawns, salt & pepper and cook the prawns until they start to turn pink.
Now add the cream and simmer for a minute.
Now add the almost cooked pasta to the sauce and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
Adjust the seasoning as per taste.
Add the Pamiggiano and the red chilli flakes.
Serve immediately with some more grated parmiggiano on top.



Comments

Popular Posts