Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

I had a pretty bad start with baking. No matter what I tried my hand on turned out burnt or halfbaked or baked from outside but still raw in the inside. It took me a while that my oven's temperature has gone bonkers. But that was not the end of my problems. I did not grow up with my mother baking cakes on any occassions. So I had no family recipes. And...there are plenty of recipes to get you confused in the internet. Some of them worked, some of them didn't, some of them I tweaked a little to my liking. And eventually I collected a few recipes which worked every time, if I follow them word to word. 
This banana bread is a similar one. I got the recipe with simple white sugar and all purpose flour and a lot of nuts and raisins. I adjusted the recipe with whole wheat flour and chocolate chips and it took a classic 180 degree turn. I personally feel banana breads taste a lot better with whole wheat flour. You should see that yourself. The bread come cake is chewy and has a deep taste compared to a.p. flour banaba breads. My son does not like banana breads but he even gobbles up 2 slices each time.

Whole wheat banana bread recipe

Simple and easy banana bread recipe

Banana bread recipe with whole wheat flour

Wholewheat Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Serves 6

How to make banana bread with whole wheat flour


Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
3 overripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Cream the butter and sugar on medium high speed until they turn pale and flaffy.
In a seperate bowl mash the bananas with a fork. It does not need to be smooth like baby food. Little bits of bananas add to the texture.
Add the mashed bananas into the batter. Mix evenly.
Add tge vanilla extract.
Add the eggs one by one, each after mixing them properly with the batter.
Sift the flours, salt and the baking soda in small portions to the batter.
Dust tge chocolate chips with a little flour so that they don't sink to the bottom of the loaf pan whike baking.
Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Do not overmix.
Pour tge batter in a lined and oiled 1 pound loaf pan.
Bake the banana bread at 350F for 50-60 minutes. If you see the cake is turning black, cover it with aluminium foil and continue baking.

Comments

Popular Posts